Applications Seminar and Two-Day Forensic Technologies Training
These training programs are offered at no charge to Law Enforcement Agencies and take place at their facility, Conditions Apply.
FLS: Forensic Light Sources (Long wave UV – Visible- Infrared Light). Digital Imaging: Cameras, optics for fingerprint work, pure optical enhancements. Image enhancement: Software for fingerprint enhancement & case presentation. Applications Fingerprint Development (Cyanoacrylate Fuming Techniques, Dye Staining and Fluorescence powder), Biological Stains detection (Blood techniques - Other body fluids), Other Evidence Collection (Fibers, Shoeprints, Bones), Bruises and Bite Marks (Melanin / Iron), Questioned Documents, Gun Shot Residues. Fingerprint Enhancements, Tracking, Computer digital storing/transmission, Case presentation with charting. Techniques Fluorescence Technique (Advantages over powders), Absorption Technique (Blood, Ninhydrin-ZnCl), Transmission & Blocking (filters). Optical Filtering / Bandpass Filtering / Filter combining. Computer interfacing / transferring & compression of data. Software enhancements: Background elimination, FFT treatments, digital filters. Side by side comparison, extractions of points, charting for court presentation.
- MCS-400, CS-16-500 and HandScope® Forensic Light Sources (Fingerprint, Biology, Trace Evidence, Questioned Documents)
- ImaScope™ Laboratory camera set-up (Fingerprint)
- ImaQuest® Enhancement Software
- IdentQuest™ Comparison Software
- Cyanoacrylate Fuming (Unheated and other techniques)
- Basic Yellow dye Staining comparison with UV Dye and Rhodamine
- SPEX Fingerprint Portable Kit/Evidence Packaging Kits/MikroSil/Bluestar
- Digital Photography (FLS & Shortwave UV photography modes, latent palm mode) – Filtering
- Body Fluids, Hair and Fibers (Conditions for searching)
- Ink separation on Forged Documents
RUVIS: Reflected UV Systems (Short wave UV Light). AFIS-APIS: High accuracy approach for latent search in a finger/palm database. AFIS-APIS results that speak for themselves. Single Search Capability: using AFIS with a Livescan for identity confirmation. Applications Use of RUVIS for detecting and photographing fingerprints. AFIS: Latent finger search: Use skeleton full information (Ridge details, not just minutiae points). APIS: Latent palm search: Statistical justifications for collecting all crime scene palms and palm cards from all. Critical cases: How to achieve HIGHER Identification rate in SERIOUS CRIMES cases. Techniques: Reflected UV Technique (Latent fingerprint and palmprint on non porous surfaces), AFIS Skeleton extraction and manual editing. APIS fast Palm card database creation and latent palm process. LiveScan Digital Card capture.
- SceneScope® RUVIS UV Imager (Fingerprint & Blood)
- PrintScope™ Portable Digital Fluorescence Imager (Fingerprint)
- PrintQuest® AFIS-APIS and LIVESCAN Systems
- More on Digital Filtering and Capturing
- ImaQuest® demonstration (fingerprint enhancement)
- IdentQuest™ demonstration (case presentation)
- AFIS + APIS Tenprint Card and latent processing
Conditions for no charge seminar
- Hosting agency to provide meeting room with projection panel, PC projector for 2 days.
- Hosting agency to provide access to a forensic laboratory / hood for some of the dye staining steps.
- MINIMUM number of attending Agencies is FIVE.
- Hosting agency to provide a lunch room. Lunch and Coffee breaks will be provided by SPEX Forensics.
- Contact SPEX Forensics eight or more weeks in advance. Contingent upon availability of SPEX Forensics personnel.